First 2 weeks at work

My first 2 weeks at work has been going quite well. The initial days it's been quiet with a mix of me following one of my colleagues. Since then I have gotten some better knowledge of the workplace and how they do things.

One of my first proper tasks was to open up a printer that had a bendt sensor with help from one of the colleagues. We had to remove the back and top panel to gain access an at last to push it back into place.









I've also had a few tasks invovling repair of a desktop computer. The first one would refuse to start up properly so I figured I would open up the case to have a look. I attempted to remove and re-insert the cable between the power button and the motherboard, wich seemed to solve the problem








We are a little unsure about the second computer. The issue with that is that it would power on but we would not be able to see an image on the music room monitor and it would not turn off if we held in the power button. At first we did try to take out and put the RAM chip back in wich in turn broke the first socket so we had to make use of the second socket instead. After that when testing the computer on a monitor in the office it seemed to work fine. The next day when setting it up in the music room we get the same issue as before, nothing had changed. After a series of back and forth we decided to try swapping the computer for one in the ICT(IKT) room wich is identical. We simply swapped the hard drives and placed them in eachother's spot. Both works just fine where they are now. After this we have suspected that the computer has a bad powersupply combined with that there may be a power issue in that part of the building.





















We are going to have a department meeting next week to talk about potential tasks that I may be doing. We have talked about letting me set up a virtual Windows server wich I think would be really exciting.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Computer repair, network survey and iPads